Friday, June 16, 2006

There is always a Higher Vision

Fridays seem to be the day when everyone is celebrating the end of the work week, the passing of another stint at the world of doing something that one does not love.

"My job is not my life." A person once mentioned that when he goes home at night, after working all day, he reminds himself of his purpose in life, which is not to work all the time. "A job is a means to an end." What end? I sked him. Wearily he said, "I'm still trying to figure it out.

There are three mindsets, it seems, in the working world.

I work because I have to so I can raise money to get things I need (ie food, home, car, clothes).

I work so I can have money to play with and so I can do what I want to do (ie go to the movies, go see a concert, buy an iPod) or save up to get better things.

I work beacause they love what I am doing.

My theory is...if you are going to spend 8 hours a day at your job, it better be something that you like to do.

I beleive that one's Higher Purpose is to transform energy to make change that benefits the Higher Vision. What is the Higher Vision?

You answer that. But I can tell you...it's not making gigantic amounts of money.

Labels:

Your thoughts: 7

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

there is a fourth kind as well...

I go to work but I dont have the foggiest idea why I work.. is it because everybody else is working?
or because everybody else wants me to work? or is it because its the natural progression of life after education-- just like 5th grade comes after 4th, and 6th after 5th.... no questions to be asked here... just work!

mmgutox (elder brother of botox)

11:36 PM  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Well, all I can say is:
"Maaya maaya anta maaya... chaaya chaaya..." [Rajnikanth Baba ishtyle]

I also can do one more thing, empathise.

3:23 AM  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Oh, now I know, its Tree and not Sketchy. And about the sentence above, ask Sketchy what it means.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

Higher Vision is relative. Just like each person has his/her own judgement abt Good/Bad..it is relative.
For some..it might be gigantic amounts of money.For some, it might be some other passion..
but think of it..the moment a person attains that higher vision or channelizes his energies and touches it..accomplishes it..probably he wont have anything to dream..then, it might be displaced by a new higher vision.

whats the limit? and how relative is it? quantitatively? and even qualitatively?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kamal said...

I might have a fourth reason why ppl do what they do

"I work because this is what i've been trained to do"

Abt the money, I think its a motivating factor just like any other, some do it for the love of work and some for the money...is there really a difference!

p.s: Warren Buffet has earned a ton of money and he's now giving away most of it to charity!...that looks like a good enough reason to earn all tat money!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kalpana said...

That's right. Work is not everything. There are many things to do in life. Athyasa undakudadu money matters lo. Then u'll be satisfied.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

Was reading your post again today..Currently my higher-vision is a quest...for a higher-vision.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home