Thursday, December 01, 2005

Today's sketch

Title: The Dance

Labels:

Your thoughts: 10

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

what is it supposed to mean?

2:11 AM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

Chandhu, is there any site (link) where you have all your sketches. Plz let me know.Ragz once gave the link to me but i forgot.Let me know.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kamal said...

With dejection at one end and Bliss ate the other..is it the dance of(aginst!) reality!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

http://photos.yahoo.com/ct_sketches

8:53 AM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

thanks for that Kedar.

11:48 AM  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Aah, the dichotomy of life.

I thought, tennety, you were portraying the mind dance; no steps, no actions. A powerful and overwhelming flood of emotions which a human body can barely try to emulate.

Also, just like a single note can change the mood in music, here too, the sketch tells us that joy and pain are but two sides of the same self, going around in circles, kind of like a mobius strip!!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont see a dance. I see hands raised upwards, almost in an imploring gesture. I see madness, I see ecstasy pitted against dejection. I see stopping short of hopelessness, I see striking back.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it represent the timeless conflict within our own selves,given a choice between optimism and pessimism?you know either ways it is but an attitude,but making the choice is the most difficult...And the dance of delusion that ensues..

1:21 AM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

You were all close enough - this is a dance, but not something with a technique and style of expression - but rather the undefined emotinal roller coaster that spins between dejection and ecstasy...confusing, bewildering at times, but awesome/beauiful to behold nonetheless. Grreat analyses all, and thanks for looking!

PS: Kedar, you just blew my cover! now ppl can see almost all my sketches without bothering to come here! I bet you don't have a link to all your sketches, do you?!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

as is told in the reviews, my sketches dont have a "link"...

so why bother with creating one...

well.. actually, there are not a lot to boast of... but Vidya has a link I believe of his ones...

may be he could try posting his manisha (or kajol) on the blog.

Now that I have started reading Kafka, I might have some gory images to put forth... lets see...

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home