Monday, June 20, 2005

I breathed a song

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?
....
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

- H W Longfellow

Even thus do one's idle thoughts fly back into the attic of the mind, after having roosted in other homes in other worlds......

Labels:

Your thoughts: 11

Blogger Aakarsh said...

nice collage..how abt having another blog for hindi? ha h..ok..i know..there are already too many blogs i think...but yes..it wud be interesting to share hindi poetry too..

7:53 AM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

Wokhay...I can start a Hindi blog...will it be ok if I move these posts and put them over there?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

Good idea...but we need to be really prolific... no dissappearing for a month and then coming out sheepishly with pathetically artificial apologies... there is already a blog for gult-lit languishing in oblivion and clamouring for its due respect.

Somehow, I can always see what happens of the things some people create. Are we one of such people?

9:12 AM  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Given any sample group of people, there is always an entity in it that likes to believe in all glory that the world runs because they fuel it with their incendiary criticisms... not to forget the fact that these are the ones who exhibited all the unnecessary apprehensions to initiatives... blogs were started and invitations were sent, and the fool waited months before there was even a neutral reply... and now they talk of incapability...

Let the incapable die if he is destined to...

ohh and one more thing, can you please remove the finger from my a** ...

11:12 AM  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Iam in for a Hindi blog Chandu... go ahead ...

Vidya

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

Do you want to see the blog in Hindi (devanaagari)? It will involve you guys having to type in Hindi as well :D....If not, we can just have it in English (same problem as in sahitee prayaanam - lipi okati bhaasha inkokati)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Random Walker said...

I am up for learning from the hindi blog.... I didnt understand much in what you guys wrote (lack of classy vocabulary)... do you have place for a learner? In fact I would love if that telugu blog (after pandurangadu) would also feature elements of chandassu or other grammatical aspects (i can supply poems from three parvas in mahabharata). I took to reading veyi padagalu and believe me i couldn't understand half the words or their structure... and it is in telugu!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

totally, prc...and i would love to see the telugu blog progress in the capacity of a learner too...watch out, you may get a mail one of these days :D

3:47 PM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

I was actually thinking of more active participation from Prasad, who has really good grasp of the telugu literature, but has no idea/interest how a blog works. I will mail him in this regard.

Even I have more than an inkling to learn telugu grammar, which reminds me I have to buy "Peddha Baala Siksha" pronto. I might post something from it every once in a while. Always wondered about what samaasam of some of the compound words...

Kedar.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

ok!! now lot of discussion went into this..i missed all this..anyways, i have already signed-up for kehkashan an hour ago.. typing in hindi is lil difficult..but i think we can get it going..my only issue is if i will be able to contribute frequently(as kedar predicted)..but its ok..the impulse, i believe, will set the drive.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Another classic by Mr Longfellow.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home