Wednesday, June 01, 2005

To learning

All you poetry maestros have made me go ahead and do it...Haven't written poetry in ages!!



The image above was taken from USACC.org website, courtesy Google image search.

I walk a tightrope 'cross the breast of Fate -
A staff I bear to keep my vision straight;
And on the staff on one side are the hearts
That I have broken; on the other half
Are fledgling dreams in mute and hopeful wait.

With every step I take the weighing grows;
Another line a-furrow 'tween my brows;
Another day, a month, a year flows;
I stoop a little lower on my way
And set my sights upon the yonder clouds.

The pinnacle I seek if I do reach,
I will not be a Master all to teach;
Yet I can set my fledgling dreams on wing!
But if I fall -- O what may happen then?
I will not die or leave the world of men,
But mine will be a life 'tween Fall and Spring
The silent death-life of a vanquished soul.

Labels: ,

Your thoughts: 8

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

ok... the master has entered.. I guess I should stop shouting my crap from the roof-top and listen to some serious poetry!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember the quiet that comes in words. hiding in the spaces are just as many stories as there are when the letter wrap around our deepest desires.

vanquished soul?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

gandaranna,
just because the nightingale cries less frequently than the koel doesn't mean one's song is sweeter than the other.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sketchy Self said...

anonymous,
the vanquished soul is the life i fear. the words are but its wings.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

I believe you must have heard about "Law of Diminishing Utilities."

11:00 AM  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

But anyway...see what your feat forced me into...go to my blog!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

you said it right!!you have gone ahead!!! and did it!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ragz said...

Is the balance on the hearts?
Steps you plan to take in parts
Is ambition your goal
Or is it the hearty/dishearty fall

A late comment maybe. Very nice one infact it made me brood a lot.

Raghu

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home