Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hot stuff

I'm talking about portabella mushroom ravioli.
We were cooking some of that delectable spaghetti yesterday, and I was reading out the cooking directions loud.
"...Cook to minimum internal ravioli temperature of 165F...."
Man, I thought. That sounds impressive. Perhaps we should all change our temperature scale to Minimum Internal Ravioli Temperature (MIRT). I mean, when we can represent the same physical phenomenon (boiling point of water) with two entirely different numbers (100C and 212F), then why not in MIRT? I'll say water boils at 47MIRT. My body temperature is -66.3 MIRT. Wow! That's cool. I almost know what Kelvin felt like when he discovered absolute zero!
Wonder what the weather's supposed to be like...? What's that? -135MIRT? God, that's freezing!

Labels:

Your thoughts: 1

Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

ultimate analysis boss ... did anybody ever ask why we have so many systems of measurement whereas the quantity is the same !!! ...

of course in america you weigh 145 and outside it is 12 .. and i will call you at 1800 hours ...(why in the hell is nobody telling me the country, the metric system and time zone)

MIRT ... RIP ... Amen ...

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home